“Standing in the rain, with his head hung low
Couldn’t get a ticket, it was a sold out show
Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene
Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
He heard one guitar, just blew him away
He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day…..”
Ok we all love this Foreigner classic and Kids’ Meals has our own take– come and be a JUICE BOX HERO!
Welcome to our 3rd Annual Juice Box Challenge! Summer 2019 we need your help delivering more than 378,000 juice boxes to hungry children living in food insecure homes and we can’t do it without you!
Grab and share our 2019 flyer here!
Join more than 35 groups of all sizes in simply collecting juice boxes for our children from Monday, June 3rd– Friday August 30, 2019. Email Kelsey@kidsmealshouston.org and let her know you are in (we will give you a social media shout out when you sign up to help!).
We were absolutely blown away by the support of last year’s challenge in collecting a record-breaking 315,000, 100% juice boxes! Our 2018 Juice Box Heroes were our partners at Walmart who collected more than 51,000 juice boxes (2017 Juice Box Heroes –Stage/Palais Royal). But don’t let that intimidate you from joining in the fun– we have prizes for all sorts of participation and every single juice box is needed! Some groups donated 100 juice boxes and believe me we needed every single one of them.
We have added a few new prize categories which will add to the fun of the challenge!
WINNER CATEGORIES: We understand that every group is not able to donate thousands and thousands of 100% juice, juice boxes and we want everyone to know how appreciative we are to receive ANY amount of juice boxes. They are one of our greatest ongoing needs and one of our highest costs. This year we decided to incorporate 3 additional winning categories to make it more fun! The categories are listed below.
- Juice Box Hero (1st place in number of donated 100% juice boxes)
- Juice Box Champions (2nd highest number of donated juice boxes)
- Juice Box Superstars (3rd highest number of donated juice boxes)
- Most Likely to End Childhood Hunger in Houston– the group who has the best social media presence. (Juice Box Challenge posts, shares, likes, etc. ) #juiceboxchallenge #feedourfuture
- Best in Show– the group who makes the best presentation upon delivery (costumes, music, posters, people, etc.)
- Challenge Chatterbox– the group or individual who recruits the most other groups/organizations to join the challenge (the referring group and the referred group must identify one another upon joining the challenge)